Re: Heads-up: Possible Televisual Recovery

On 2007-11-11, Paul Colquhoun (aka Bruce)
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:37:18 +1100, TimC <tconnors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On 2007-11-11, Paul Colquhoun (aka Bruce)
| was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
|> As I found out the hard way in FNQ earlier this year. Luckily it just
|> involved some panel damage to the car and destroyed tyre. 100m further
|> up the road, I would have ended up in a creek bed, after a *much* larger
|> drop from road level.
|
| And I'm guessing, since the law of the jungle operates out there
| (might is right, and doesn't even have to slow down), that even though
| the truck driver did something very stupid and dangerous, he didn't
| stop to exchange details, right?
|
| Road train drivers operating in remote Australia are about the most
| irresponsible people out there. I'm looking forward to the time when
| oil is too expensive for the lusers to be able to afford to operate
| their business anymore. Pity we won't have gotten any rail
| infrastructure done in time before the crunch.

Well, actually, the fault was mine. I was still moving too fast when I
pulled over to the dirt, and further braking to avoid hitting a roadside
guidepost made me skid off the road.

How fast was he going? Was there actually a collision between you
both, or was the damage from hitting another obstacle?

My experience is they don't even slow the slightest whether you are an
oncoming car, or a bicycle travelling in the same direction. An
amount of them will pass cyclists with adequate room, but a
significant amount of them pass cyclists with barely a metre to spare,
at 120km/h.

--
TimC
Time is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at once.

  • Re: Heads-up: Possible Televisual Recovery
    ... | was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea: ... | Road train drivers operating in remote Australia are about the most ... so I could arrange to get the car towed out of the ditch. ... Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC. ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: Rita Log: 9/22/05.1
    ... On 2005-09-22, Lane Gray, Czar Castic (aka Bruce) ... was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea: ... >> We have 24 gallons of water each, ...
    (rec.humor.oracle.d)
  • Re: Im definitely in need of recovery.....
    ... On 2006-07-16, John Hardin (aka Bruce) ... was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea: ... on a budget. ... Complete with girls' dormitary? ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: The force is strong in this one.
    ... On 2005-08-08, Paul Tomblin (aka Bruce) ... was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea: ... >>Without further delays, here's the URL for his rants: ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: Meetings are for what?
    ... On 2011-02-09, Cipher (aka Bruce) ... was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea: ... what he takes over AND I have no way of preventing him from taking over ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)