Re: Idiots and insane persons. (long)

In message <fh4mrl$lt9$1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Corlett
<abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
From my chats with one of the local councillors, I gather that Birmingham is
quite a popular place for voting early and voting often.

It goes through phases but yes. Certain political parties will deploy
their polling agents in particular stations to combat this, so that they
can be told who's voting[0] to spot issues with personation. This is
not, of course, fool-proof.

[0] The role of the polling agent is briefly summarized here:
http://www.walsall.gov.uk/print/index/council_and_democracy/elections/becoming_a_councillor-faq.htm#10967
This is completely different from a teller.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

  • Re: IJA Youtube Tutorial Contest - Voting is now OPEN!
    ... particular popular voting method you selected. ... ANY type of popular voting system is appropriate in that they all require ... two and a half hours of minimum effort to make a fair/informed vote. ... strategy that if voters really want their friend to win they should NOT ...
    (rec.juggling)
  • Re: Bad news
    ... chosen to reel in votes from ... the great middle of the state, where Rick Santorum ... stayed very popular through the end of his term. ... still resented being forced to go there in the voting ...
    (soc.motss)
  • Re: Bad news
    ... chosen to reel in votes from ... the great middle of the state, where Rick Santorum ... stayed very popular through the end of his term. ... now I have to look forward to voting for some superficial twit who comes ...
    (soc.motss)
  • Re: UKIPs first MP
    ... the Sun, the Daily Mail, the Telegraph, the Times, ... Which are newspapers and not political parties, so there is no question of voting for them. ...
    (uk.legal)