Re: Idiots and insane persons. (long)

In message <fh4mrl$lt9$1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Corlett
<abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
From my chats with one of the local councillors, I gather that Birmingham is
quite a popular place for voting early and voting often.

It goes through phases but yes. Certain political parties will deploy
their polling agents in particular stations to combat this, so that they
can be told who's voting[0] to spot issues with personation. This is
not, of course, fool-proof.

[0] The role of the polling agent is briefly summarized here:
http://www.walsall.gov.uk/print/index/council_and_democracy/elections/becoming_a_councillor-faq.htm#10967
This is completely different from a teller.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.