Re: Unrecovery Sought

Scott wrote:
Joe Zeff wrote:
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 18:20:03 -0900, "Mr Happy (Not)"
<aktonova@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I had always hoped after 13 years lurking that my first post to the monastery would be a fine rant.

And why wasn't it? Granted, I just hopped in and started posting the
day I discovered this froop, but I've done my share of ranting over
the years. Haven't you had anything to rant about? You owe us, man!

Actually, for the last 2 or so years, I've only had a few things to bitch about with nothing that would qualify as a classic rant. I love my job, I love my locality, and while my PHB is quite the technical guru, he has zero management skills and after a few rounds with me[1], he leaves me alone to just do my job. As long as the systems are up and data is flowing, I am completely autonomous.

On the flip side however, if I were to dig out the memories of my sentence^Wtime spent working for the former semiconductor manufacturer from hell, I fear I would end up in therapy, back on the happy pills, and likely dead of alcohol poisoning. So I'll take a pass TYVM.

However, knowing the locality to which I am moving, and the requirement for rapid unrecovery, I am quite certain that I will be posting a rant in the near future. Dan said it best in his post. I will be surrounded by "military intelligence". Nuff said.

Seg Fault, Missing footer:
[1] And my HR wife.

  • Re: Unrecovery Sought
    ... day I discovered this froop, but I've done my share of ranting over ... Haven't you had anything to rant about? ... I love my job, I love my locality, and while my PHB is quite the technical guru, he has zero management skills and after a few rounds with me, he leaves me alone to just do my job. ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: Report enhancements
    ... It wasn't ranting; it was discourse. ... Rant on, ... >Your rant started when Rick used the completely ANS85 Cobol SEQUENTIAL ... too were all your email messages. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Realistic Technology Timelines
    ... >>> taking an opportunity to rant. ... and Mark Atwood was telling her to shut up. ... > Clearly you don't know from ranting. ... Lucy regularly, steadily, repetitiously, and boringly ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Talula; junkie or NARC? You make the call.
    ... She does a lot more ranting than anybody else in here, ... except for maybe Rack. ... And think about how many times you used my name in your rant about how ... so my mentioning you by name didn't drag you into anything. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Uniting the Editions
    ... This rant comes out of me every damn time someone mentions 4e, ... You'd think you actually played the game! ... tell anyone or they'll officially "fix it" so you're not any more. ... Ranting isn't the best, but laughing at myself afterward feels nice. ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)