Re: Music for Sysadmins...

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 17:17:30 GMT, Jasper Janssen <jasper@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Standard US is 16 amp breakers and sockets?

Standard US is 15A breakers, and 110 - 120VAC. 20A breakers are
available to be used with heavier gauge wire than the 15A ones.
Above that, you would normally see 15A, 20A, 30A or 50A breakers at
220 - 240VAC, with different plugs and sockets to keep from being
mixed up.

I can imagine. And you can't plug a washer/dryer into a regular socket,
either, like we can.

My washer plugs in to 110VAC / 15A regular sockets, as does my dryer
because its heater runs on natural gas. Electric dryers get the 220VAC
plugs and sockets to run the heat element.

.