Re: Music for Sysadmins...

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 17:17:30 GMT, Jasper Janssen <jasper@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Standard US is 16 amp breakers and sockets?

Standard US is 15A breakers, and 110 - 120VAC. 20A breakers are
available to be used with heavier gauge wire than the 15A ones.
Above that, you would normally see 15A, 20A, 30A or 50A breakers at
220 - 240VAC, with different plugs and sockets to keep from being
mixed up.

I can imagine. And you can't plug a washer/dryer into a regular socket,
either, like we can.

My washer plugs in to 110VAC / 15A regular sockets, as does my dryer
because its heater runs on natural gas. Electric dryers get the 220VAC
plugs and sockets to run the heat element.

  • Re: FGW Refurb
    ... The table sockets are of an extremely poor design. ... I don't doubt that the sockets don't help but the designers of power ... While I believe you're correct - many plugs are badly designed, ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Amazing prices for HDMI cables
    ... phone and din plugs and sockets in various ways. ... And din line sockets - despite being sneered at by many audiophiles - were ... contamination that eventually produced contact diode effects quite visible ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Mains networking - attn Oz
    ... dchp sorts the connection out automagically. ... There is a slight problem in that the plugs need stranded ... If the cables have prefitted plugs then you need rather a BIG hole ... I understand the preferred answer is fixed sockets, ...
    (uk.business.agriculture)
  • Re: UK / USA Tool Terminology Translator
    ... > Allen Key: hex key, hex wrench, Allen wrench ... > banana plugs: wander plugs ... > plugs and sockets ... > phono connectors: RCA connectors ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Soild State switch for welder, good idea?
    ... Imagine grown-up banana plugs and sockets. ... I have a Lincoln AC/DC tombstone welder that needs removable leads. ... You can buy the sockets and plugs at a welding supply. ... It now takes seconds to switch from ac to dc and back. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)