Re: To The University Types

Randy the Random <randy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
crn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Dan Holdsworth <dan1701usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Even today, very few people remember that Concorde was not only planned
as a civilian airliner, but as an RAF nuclear bomber too.

Do you have a reference for that or are you possibly confusing it with
the B1B/2707 link ?.

Charlie was telling me about that over drinks in April, I think. And I
saw some mention of it in his blog more recently, not just as fiction.
:searching:

Oh hey, yeah, real recently:

http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2007/10/when_the_going_gets_weird_the.html

The last three paragraphs, mostly. I make no claims on the accuracy of
the statements made in someone else's blog.

Almost certainly a UL. Concorde 002 was the initial British prototype
fitted out with stress logging and similar development/flight test stuff.
Every flight is documented.
She has been on display at http://www.fleetairarm.com/concordeindex.htm
since 1976 where I have explored her several times. You would be welcome
to do the same for the price of an entry ticket and a chat to the right
people on a quiet day.

--
From the quill of Chris Newport g4jci.

  • Re: Event horizon / black holes and Schwarzschild metrics
    ... though there is a big step from "raising doubts about the standard ... you are giving a blog as reference. ... another moderator can cite blogs in his own postings in the same thread. ...
    (sci.physics.research)
  • Re: Managed C++ support with DirectX?
    ... > in these forum pages(the first reference below). ... > seemed to OK until the compiler hit "PresentParameters" line. ... Miller's blog) I found the answer today. ... > Best Regards ...
  • Re: Panicker on the fake ipl blogger
    ... reference to that in the blog. ... fake blogger. ... Modi blog around last year's IPL:http://mockipl.wordpress.com/. ... This article sums it up brilliantlyhttp://www.cricbuzz.com/component/latest_cricket_news/Story/13281/fak...- Hide quoted text - ...
    (rec.sport.cricket)
  • Re: Cut-down Administrator Group Policy
    ... for a reference see: ... that should give you a hint on the path to follow ... # Jorge de Almeida Pinto # MVP Windows Server - Directory Services ... BLOG --> http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/default.aspx ...