Re: To The University Types

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 22:58:21 +0100, "Maarten Wiltink"
<maarten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"The Horny Goat" <lcraver@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 13:15:07 +0000 (UTC), crn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Dating is too much work here in the .us, but if nylon stockings
and Hershey Bars work in the .uk, I'm on the next Concorde
leaving for London!

Obviously a WHOOSH for the younger monks. That tactic only worked
in the 40s.

When Hershey Bars were still made of chocolate, too.

The day will come when the younger monks will not remember Concordes.

Nor will they remember the excitement generated by the first man walking on
the moon.

Entropy seems to be changing the spirit of "ad astra per aspera" to "sic
transit gloria mundi".

Kevin

  • Re: To The University Types
    ... I'm on the next Concorde leaving for London! ... Obviously a WHOOSH for the younger monks. ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: =(
    ... London is an entirely different surface. ... side, or he's forced to run around his BH, leaving his FH side open. ... it's a 500 tourney loss. ... impertinent to suggest that Djok has the measure of Fed right now. ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • Re: Tarra for now
    ... Using the patented Mavis Beacon "Hunt&Peck" Technique, steve robinson typed ... > Just leaving to go to Guy's and St Thomas's in London so a nice ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Any fannish happenings in London this weekend?
    ... last night I booked a trip to London this weekend. ... (Arriving Friday morning and leaving Sunday afternoon.) ... any fannish things going on there? ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)