Re: To The University Types
- From: "Maarten Wiltink" <maarten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 00:55:55 +0100
<crn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
It was a massive technical feat but the small premium market and enormous
development costs made a larger successor impossible to justify for any
airframer hoping to make a profit. High fuel prices made it more sensible
to cram as many cattle as possible into a 747.
Why not challenge the assumption that travel is dead time? Trying to shave
a few more minutes off a twelve-hour flight goes into diminishing returns
rather quickly. So why not offer 220V and Internet so the people who care
about it can work?
- Prev by Date: Re: Heads-up: Possible Televisual Recovery
- Next by Date: Re: Heads-up: Possible Televisual Recovery
- Previous by thread: Re: To The University Types
- Next by thread: Re: To The University Types