Re: To The University Types

On 02 Nov 2007 21:40:50 +0000, AndyC the WB <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

"Ned" == Ned Brickley <ned@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Ned> Actually, passing on my illness was part of my cunning plan,
Ned> for you see, last night was Halloween in the states. My door
Ned> was overrun with tiny urchins begging for sweets. [2]

"Trick or treat"

"Well, I've got my treat," as I wave a glass of rather delicious Aussie
Shiraz, "it's a shame you're too young to have any. Good night."

Actually I've developed a taste for some of the adult beverages
created in China. SWMBO however, hasn't had a drop to drink since she
woke up with that massive hangover [1] during the week of wedding
parties. [2]

1) She was really annoyed since I had more then she did and I was
bright eyed and bushy tailed and didn't have any residual effects from
the previous days 12 hour drunk. [3]

2) 9 days and I think we were sober for 3 of them. [4]

3) I also drank several gallons of bottled water to counter the
dehydrating effects of the alcohol. SWMBO was so sick she didn't want
to look at anything liquid.

4) My arrival in China, The wedding day, and our departure from China.
--
"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
P. J. O'Rourke