Re: Hello again (no troll this time)
- From: Robert Uhl <eadmund42@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:23:28 -0600
"G. Paul Ziemba" <paul+usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Recently I looked into carbonating my own water here at the house and
adding syrup as an alternative to the bottled soda for sale at the
You can also just make soda, carbonated in the bottle (or with a kegging
system, if you have one and can refrigerate the keg). Here's my current
2 cups sugar
1 gallon water
1/4 tsp. yeast
Juice limes & lemons; mix with warm water, sugar and yeast. Bottle,
cap, let sit until carbonated (overnight in summer; up to a week in
winter). Refrigerate or they _will_ explode.
For me, with my summertime room temperature and normal fridge
temperature, a bottle which gushes at room temperature will be perfectly
carbonated in the fridge. If you air-condition, your mileage will vary.
Anyone have a favorite ginger syrup recipe?
I've made the above recipe with two ounces of ginger added; it was
i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the
scene of the accident --bash.org/?583627
- Prev by Date: Re: Failover succeeds, again, and again, and again.
- Next by Date: Re: Failover succeeds, again, and again, and again.
- Previous by thread: Re: Hello again (no troll this time)
- Next by thread: Re: Hello again (no troll this time)