Re: UI request

in Thu, 02 Aug 2007 07:51:57 +1000, GB in hic locum scripsit:
So, to hell with the expense, don't see anyone less than a
formally qualified psychiatrist if it looks like there's to
be medication involved.

And be aware that most medications won't help with the "don't know what
Happy feels like" problem. When I was on Cipramil, it reduced the lows, at
the expense of flattening out the highs as well, so while I didn't
disappear into the Pit, I still was divorced from anything resembling
"happy".

The point of almost all psychoactive meds is to stop the lows from killing
you. Most of them have a large hysteresis as well, so you can't take them
like aspirin, only when you need them. The best strategy, IME, is to take
the pills so that you don't feel like getting friendly with a weapon,
while learning strategies for cognitively dealing with one's condition, in
preparation for coming off the drugs..

But the drug which gives the best chance of experiencing happiness? Dark
Chocolate. Chocolate in conjunction with mental retraining to allow for
happiness to be recognised when it happens.

--
David Cameron Staples | staples AT cs DOT mu DOT oz DOT au
Melbourne University | Computer Science | Technical Services

  • Re: Jasmine Chocolate - Political Tool of Italys Medicis
    ... My wife's research into this is that chocolate was period in Europe, ... David Cameron Staples | staples AT cs DOT mu DOT oz DOT au ... Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, ...
    (rec.org.sca)
  • Re: Cold-weather food
    ... | "Also people buy a lot of comfort foods, such as custard, hot chocolate ... | and sausage and mash," she said. ... David Cameron Staples | staples AT cs DOT mu DOT oz DOT au ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: Now Im scared
    ... everything thats in your mind. ... Absolutely no need to be afraid of the ... If they suggest medication, speel for ... For me that's chocolate for others it might ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: OT Chocolate
    ... >>The indigestion is, I think, caused by my extra new BP tablets - I read ... >>Penguins if I can`t find that chocolate cereal (with all the yummy ... >>Pat P ... > As for the BP medication, you may want to stay with it for a while ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
  • Re: Oops...
    ... Living with medication is better than the alternative thobut. ... usenet at peterward dot adsl24 dot co dot uk ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)