Re: Unrecovery (for a time)
- From: Zebee Johnstone <zebeej@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 11 Jun 2007 05:50:16 GMT
In alt.sysadmin.recovery on Mon, 11 Jun 2007 05:18:38 GMT
Nathan Cable <apnoyr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Any older, more experienced BOFHs have some advice on how to not get
involved? I seem to be drawn to expensive gear and root passwords like
Dunno I fit either criterion but... the desire to fix things so they
work is one of the sysadmin traits.
"need to get this sorted, and I can, so I will".
Some people do it in clubs, they are the ones who take over the
secretary or treasurer job or who are running the events. They want
it done properly and they can do it, and every time they join a club
they find themselves volunteering.
Some people do it with engines or carpentry or gardens.
I know of no cure except realising it will happen and forcing
yourself to back away slowly.
- Prev by Date: Re: Motorcycle un-recovery... sort of...
- Next by Date: Re: Unrecovery (for a time)
- Previous by thread: Re: A fresh coat of shiny!
- Next by thread: Re: Unrecovery (for a time)