Re: secondhand angst

abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Corlett) writes:
[ "Other duties as required" ]
Lusers don't luse any less when you're a programmer.
Clairvoyancy is even more of a required skill than it is in sysadminnery.

My workplace appears to be hosting the C programming jackassery Olympics.
Again. Or rather, still.

Wrong, but not news:
#define MAX(x,y) x>y?x:y
(Hint: Expand 1+MAX(2,3). If you said 4, you fail to grasp the Way of
Tae Kwon Leap.)

Evil, insidious and wrong:
#ifdef MAX
#undef MAX
#endif
#define MAX(x,y) x>y?x:y

God Dammit I Want to See The Blood of the Perpetrators Outside Their Bodies:
Slight variations of the above, in three different local headers,
included in random order from every module in the project. "WTF? I
swear I fixed that!"

  • Re: Brazilian UFO torsion metric engineering
    ... > BTW The Brazilians are very active in UFO research. ... The spin connection is zero and it is the spin connection that ... > apparent gravity fields for non-inertial observers from real gravity ... the true power of the local equivalence principle is that locally ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... is require Python to change to accommodate your need. ... Can you see the slight difference? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: The Sci-Fi Rejection Letter That Time Forgot
    ... nations have stockpiled arsenals of these incredible bombs and the time the story is set. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Wachstumssaison Flieder
    ... Handbreit über dem Boden. ... "Fliederkrimi" am Samstag halten heute meine Nerven nicht aus. ... Dorothee ...
    (de.rec.garten)