Re: Am I the only one actually using Windows Vista?

In article <3ol453tajel7785gltu1toftahs52esa7b@xxxxxxx>,
invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pulled a copy down from MSDN. Installed it on a spare laptop. Started
installing apps on it but got bored with all the waiting around.

To me it seemed to be like a slowed-down copy of XP with a third-party
desktop skin installed. I didn't get far enough to start having the
much-discussed printer driver problems.

Nicked the RAM out of the spare laptop, shelved the machine, and used it
to top-up the RAM in my normal laptop (which runs XP in a manner that I
can fairly happily put-up with).

  • Re: Would a 2nd processor really be a waste of time???? help
    ... > buy another processor and more ram, however this is what one supplier ... > Your server has only 1 processor. ... installation including changing the bios settings and installing the smp ... The second cpu will probably help ...somewhat. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Monitor??
    ... Subject: Gateway computer problem ... installing it notified me that it couldn't continue with the clock setting. ... You can use CPUZ to get more information about the RAM you installed. ... Always turn off all power to the computer, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP and 64-bit technology
    ... There is clearly some risk in installing any software update. ... very memory-hungry applications will so much RAM be of any benefit ... considering a dual-core pc, and so much ram. ... Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: ( OT ) Computer Question
    ... I'm cleaning old files from my brother in law's PC, and installing the ... latest updates. ... 512M since there is an advertised Gig installed. ... Back in the olden days, the RAM had to be installed in adjacent slots, ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: ( OT ) Computer Question
    ... I'm cleaning old files from my brother in law's PC, and installing the ... 512M since there is an advertised Gig installed. ... the two memory cards are not installed into adjacent ... Back in the olden days, the RAM had to be installed in adjacent slots, ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)