Re: secondhand angst

John F. Eldredge <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
I am probably not the only monk who is currently a programmer/analyst, but
who has been a sysadmin in the past.

Lusers don't luse any less when you're a programmer.

Clairvoyancy is even more of a required skill than it is in sysadminnery.

  • Re: Privilege in scheduling packages through sql agent jobs
    ... It means that if the programmer is not a sysadmin, ... How to Run a DTS Package as a Scheduled Job ... >attempts to schedule a package as sql agent job, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • AS/400 and the Mac
    ... I am an AS/400 sysadmin ... and programmer. ... I have an AS/400 9406-170 in my house running OS/400 ... V5R2, I would like to be able to get a session on my Mac, as the kids ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... is require Python to change to accommodate your need. ... Can you see the slight difference? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: The Sci-Fi Rejection Letter That Time Forgot
    ... nations have stockpiled arsenals of these incredible bombs and the time the story is set. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)