Re: cooking fat

On Wed, 16 May 2007 00:37:43 -0700, Steve VanDevender <stevev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in <f2ecct$11c3$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Robert Uhl <eadmund42@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

"Mike Andrews" <mikea@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

And yes, you are completely correct. You _are_ property. In time, you
may be permitted to work your way up to staff, but you will never be
an Owner. The cats are the owners.

I'm sure that there's an explanation for why people keep cats; I'm sure
that there's a valid reason that otherwise perfectly sane and reasonable
folks like to talk about being 'owned' by their property. But I can't
think what it could possibly be.

Cats are good for keeping mice down; otherwise they are exceedingly
inferior dogs.

With talk like that it's obvious no cat will ever want to own _you_.

Quite so. He obviously is totally unfit to be property, much less
Staff. Food, now ... .

--
Mike Andrews W5EGO 5WPM
mikea@xxxxxxxxxxxx Extra

  • Re: cooking fat
    ... may be permitted to work your way up to staff, ... an Owner. ... The cats are the owners. ... that there's a valid reason that otherwise perfectly sane and reasonable ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: cooking fat
    ... may be permitted to work your way up to staff, ... an Owner. ... The cats are the owners. ... that there's a valid reason that otherwise perfectly sane and reasonable ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: cooking fat
    ... may be permitted to work your way up to staff, ... an Owner. ... The cats are the owners. ... that there's a valid reason that otherwise perfectly sane and reasonable ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: cooking fat
    ... may be permitted to work your way up to staff, ... an Owner. ... The cats are the owners. ... In search of cognoscenti ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • OT: Most Bizarre Boss ever - Long
    ... And the owner talks with me about her difficulty relating to ... to say that the staff shouldn't actually "talk" to each other during the day ... and evidently bothering said customer (trying to get her to ... part - DH asks - did you mention that you speak German. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)