Re: Recovery, just not the normal sort

In alt.sysadmin.recovery on Mon, 05 Mar 2007 21:07:20 GMT
Richard Bos <raltbos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. IMO the most important verse
in the New Testament. Which, unless I'm very much mistaken, was also a
more-or-less direct quotation of an Old Testament verse, though I don't
know whether Torah, Prophets, or Wossname.

Ah yes... but it is easy for a man with a full belly (having chosen
his parents well) to say "If I was in that position I'd work my way up
and be too proud to take charity".

And certainly some exceptional people do just that.

Just as when dumped in the middle of a desert or an Andean mountain,
some exceptional people survive.

It is my understanding that one of the magnificences of Christ is that he
wasn't just interested in the exceptional.

But as far as I know he wasn't a Protestant, and hadn't read Augustine
of Hippo.

Zebee
.