Re: Things that make me go WTF?

In <4597d42b.10594406@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 12/31/2006
at 03:53 PM, raltbos@xxxxxxxxx (Richard Bos) said:

Sure. Now, welcome to the real world. I have seen people propound in
all seriousness that if you want to implement an early exit from a
loop, the only right, structured way to do so is to have a whopping
great if-then-
else-statement (nested five deep, of course) with an extra flag on
the surrounding loop (and on all the nested ifs; the outer one would
have to have four extra flags on its condition).
Come to think of it, wasn't that Nickles Worth, in the original
Pascal?

Niklaus Worth may have written such an obscenity, but he was certainly
not the only one.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz <http://patriot.net/~shmuel> ISO position
Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+bspfh to contact me.