Re: Recovery by Relocation.

In article <eb0omt$9bj$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Mike Andrews" <mikea@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Consider the (admittedly extreme, but not unusual) case of an arc

It's nice to be in agreement with someone, isn't it? My usual example
of a very large load is an aluminum smelter. I have no idea how
variable that is.

These things eat megawatts. Typical tap-to-tap times are about 90
minutes, it appears, and energy consumption is 400-700 KWH/ton of
steel.

That's why they build generating plants, yes.

--
Life is toxic. It leads to death and
too much of it at once can kill you.

  • Re: Reflection coefficient for total re-reflection
    ... is simply going toward the source from the load. ... The unity resistance circle for a 3:1 ... mismatch yields a normalized impedance of 1 - j1.1547 as you know. ... we're in agreement on this. ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.antenna)
  • Re: Recovery by Relocation.
    ... was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea: ... It's nice to be in agreement with someone, ... of a very large load is an aluminum smelter. ... found by obtaining an agreement with the aluminium smelter to shut off ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)