Re: I'm definitely in need of recovery.....
- From: wollman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Garrett Wollman)
- Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:43:07 +0000 (UTC)
In article <20060718144544.881409958078624@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Roger Burton West <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't. I get quite resentful when some perfectly good apple, orange,
or other juice gets cut with cranberry to keep the costs down.
You are mistaken. Cranberry juice is much more expensive than apple
or orange juice. (About twice as expensive as orange, three times as
expensive as apple, in my experience.)
I can only assume that at some point there was a huge tax incentive
to plant cranberries; either that or they'll grow on landfill where
nothing else can take root.
Cranberries grow on shrubs living in bogs. Although found native in
Europe, they are principally grown in North America today, with the
largest producers being Massachusetts and Wisconsin. There is a
price-support subsidy system.
Garrett A. Wollman | As the Constitution endures, persons in every
wollman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | generation can invoke its principles in their own
Opinions not those | search for greater freedom.
of MIT or CSAIL. | - A. Kennedy, Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003)
- Prev by Date: Re: I'm definitely in need of recovery.....
- Next by Date: Re: I'm definitely in need of recovery.....
- Previous by thread: Re: I'm definitely in need of recovery.....
- Next by thread: Re: I'm definitely in need of recovery.....