Re: Recovery by Relocation.
- From: alan@xxxxxxxxxxx (Alan J. Wylie)
- Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 13:04:29 +0100
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:34:27 GMT, Jasper Janssen <jasper@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
Wait.. are you saying it's no longer allowable for a home owner to
work on their own house electrics? WTF, over?
With certain exceptions, yes.
1) All work must comply with building regulations.
A lot of this makes sense, e.g. when wires are buried in plaster,
they must not run diagonally and they must be buried deep enough,
or be in a metal ducting.
2) Some work requires advance notification to the local council, and
inspection(s) and a completion certificate.
3) Most DIY work in kitchens, bathrooms and outdoors is no longer
4) Minor work (e.g. repairs, changing a light fitting) is.
In the usual way of Governments, they have made many cock-ups, then in
clearing up the mess (e.g. abolishing John "Two Shags" Prescott's
ODPM), they have left such a mess that few people know exactly what is
Alan J. Wylie http://www.wylie.me.uk/
"Perfection [in design] is achieved not when there is nothing left to add,
but rather when there is nothing left to take away."
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery