Re: A bit of irritation

TimC <tconnors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2006-07-12, Olivier Galibert (aka Bruce)
On 2006-07-12, Jasper Janssen <jasper@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:35:18 GMT, Dave <jrzoyrl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[2] There's BOFHishness, I suppose, but this is just vanilla selfishness
bordering on contemptuousness pseudo-embezzlement, if you ask me.

Well, that's pretty much what the BOFH stories boil down to, when it's not
blackmail, extortion, etc. Except he does it with style.

Sure, and the fact that they're stories, too.

No they're not!

<inserts fingers in ears>LA LA LA LA LA! I can't hear you!</inserts>

It's true, I've yet to discover a mummified human corpse under the floor
tiles of the machine room. Mummified mice, yes.

On the other claw, we have had thieves hiding in the space between the false
ceiling and the actual ceiling. You'd be amazed how many cards you can pull
out of a Sun server before the operating system stops screaming, "End the
pain!".

--
Geoff Lane, Airstrip One

.