Re: U-turns into certain death
- From: Bron Gondwana <brong@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 22:38:32 +1000
In alt.sysadmin.recovery, on Wed, 17 May 2006 00:37:42 GMT
David Cameron Staples <staples@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The light gray strip down the middle of the road is tram tracks. Just the
other side of the river is the CBD of Melbourne.
At the South end of the Vic Markets there's a roundabout. Not the
roundabout of doom at the North end. That's just insane.
Anyway, at the _South_ end there's a roundabout. With a tram track
through the middle. Trams have right of way. I was in the number 55
travelling to work when some idiot didn't look and tried to cut off the
tram while the tram was doing a good 50-60ks. We certainly felt it -
and the car was jammed between the front of the tram and a tree, bent in
a big V.
The luser survived. I doubt the tram even noticed - but I still decided
to stroll over to Swanston St (I worked down the other end of St Kilda
Rd at the time) rather than hang around for the paperwork.
Trams are not to be fooled with.
- Prev by Date: Re: Tape flashbacks
- Next by Date: Re: Tape flashbacks
- Previous by thread: Re: U-turns into certain death
- Next by thread: Re: U-turns into certain death