Re: Stimpy, what were you thinking?

Joe Bednorz <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Maybe a sysadmin mobile lending library? Buy a book, read it, mail it
to the next person on the library list.

I try not to lend nor to borrow books.

If I like a book, I want to keep it. Much like the situation with my dinner.

What we really need is something like zip.ca / netflix.com for books.
The way those work is that you pay a monthly rental fee which covers three
or four simultaneous movies "out", then whenever you finish with one of
them you put it in the mail and they mail you a new one. But you can
hang on to them as long as you like, since you're paying the monthly fee.
You edit your list of discs you want on their web pages. I'm a big fan.

I get obscure movies from zip.ca. Their policy is to purchase, to the
extent legally possible, at least one of every DVD which isn't "X-rated".
(I couldn't detect with a quick browse whether netflix.com has the same
policy. Hell, when I mentioned zip.ca to someone and they came back with
netflix.com, it took me like a quarter of an hour of searching at netflix.com
to answer the simple question "is netflix.com U.S.-only?".)

  • Re: SICP Strangeness...
    ... a silly rule requiring departmental letterhead in order to ... Dude, that's fraudulent misrepresentation. ... But the majority will get their books through ... Changes in policy occur when they appear to benefit both ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Wizards of the Coast pdf policy
    ... specific page on WOTC's website where Wizards or Hasbro has ... stated their official policy towards players obtaining pdf's of ... books they already own, or at least a link to an rgfd thread ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)
  • Re: Wizards of the Coast pdf policy
    ... page on WOTC's website where Wizards or Hasbro has stated their ... official policy towards players obtaining pdf's of books they already ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)
  • Re: Wizards of the Coast pdf policy
    ... specific page on WOTC's website where Wizards or Hasbro has ... stated their official policy towards players obtaining pdf's of ... books they already own, or at least a link to an rgfd thread ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)
  • RE: Book Review
    ... These are not meant to be books for reading or for learning how to develop ... policies or apply personnel security programs. ... figure out what areas of security your policy needs ...
    (Security-Basics)