Re: They obviously don't know what they want.

brong@xxxxxxxxx (Bron Gondwana) wrote on 10.04.06 in <slrne3jeu4.mae.brong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

In alt.sysadmin.recovery, on Sun, 9 Apr 2006 22:19:15 +0100
Paul Kelleher <kelloggs-asr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <4438f20d$0$1174$5a6aecb4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
zzassgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
It really annoys me when one finally finds a seller of a nice make of
shirt or socks and return to the shop only five or ten years later to
buy another one or two items, perhaps in a different colour, that they
no longer stock the item and in some, almost unbelievable, cases the
shop no longer exists!

I've found a cure for that problem. Five or ten years later I'm a
completely different _shape_.

I bought my one nice suit about 5 years ago. It was a good fit then.
Until last week I had last worn it for my wedding 2 1/2 years ago and it
was tight then.

I wore it to a wedding on Saturday and it fit fantastically again. It's
amazing what careful eating and plenty of time at the gym can do for 10
years accumulated lazyness - even after just a few months!

Diabetes can also be a big help. Suddenly all the old stuff fits again.

And most of it is as much or as little in fashion as it was back then, by
my admittedly rather uninformed judgement.

I have a suit somewhere. I think I last used that ... let's see ... more
than a quarter century ago.

Approximately a quarter century ago, I regularly dressed in something like
a suit, and garotte ... while spending my time not ordering munitions for
planes for 18 months. Can't say *that* made me like the stuff more.

Since then, *most* people in suits I've met were bad news of one kind or
another.

I don't remember what I wore to my father's funeral ... I don't think I've
ever been to a marriage. One "interview", wearing nothing special, for the
job I still have.

And in the one court appearance since, also nothing special. (I won by
default, as the other side was a no-show, but it didn't help me, as their
assets were missing ... I think it was a female judge. Mainly sitting
there for a while and waiting for Godot ...)

Kai
--
http://www.westfalen.de/private/khms/
"... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."

  • Re: Help on choosing new bike
    ... I've cycled when I was in my youth on a road bike ... I ride mostly to keep fit and because I enjoy it a lot. ... suit you, not trying to make you suit a bikeouttaabox. ... If the shop ...
    (rec.bicycles.marketplace)
  • Re: Limitations of Tailoring?
    ... I realized the importance of good fit. ... can I simply rip out the sleeve and back ... out the center back seam, and if there is excess fabric, let it out ... used suit to fit are significant, IF IT CAN BE DONE and not look ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Wetsuit fitting
    ... -the suit restricts you movement and breathing to some extent, and you want a suit that minimizes this. ... Extra neoprene means extra problems. ... A wetsuit that feels very comfortable on land, and is easy to get into, is going to leave way too much room for water to slosh around in and pump through. ... A cut, and fit, which eases donning, has nothing to do with alloweing water ingress. ...
    (rec.scuba)
  • Re: Another day, another reverse, another catastrophe
    ... It applies regardless of your system, as long as you play within one of the two basic frameworks for reversing that I described. ... Some systems limit responder's options with a minimum, but it's playable to have a raise of opener's second suit, a preference to his first or a rebid of responder's own six-carder all non-forcing. ... In general, once you've found an assumed 4-4 major fit any further bids in other suits should be cue-bids, asking bids or whatever other slam gadgets you play, not attempts to find an alternative trump suit. ... It is unlikely that you will want to play a 5-3 spade fit in preference to a 4-4 heart fit, and if responder is interested in a 6-2 spade fit he can rebid 3S and support hearts later if opener doesn't show spade tolerance. ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: Modified rule of 25
    ... from a short suit increases a hand's trick-taking potential by one ... Would Iike them to allow 15 HCP or rule of 24? ... HCP slams on a "fit and a half". ... Pattern is the shape ...
    (rec.games.bridge)