Re: They obviously don't know what they want.

In article <9rZs8wCmw-B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Kai Henningsen <kaih=9rZs8wCmw-B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
orc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (david parsons) wrote on 04.04.06 in
<e0ug55$gbt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

In article <1143819774.11579.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Richard Gadsden <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Peter H. Coffin wrote:

For these things, one patronizes tailoring establishments, not "Men's
Wearhouse". As with anything else, if you don't buy from the low-margin
box-shifters, and instead seek out people that know what they're doing,
you get product worth the premium price. Properly done, with good
materials, a full suit and two shirts will probably set you back about
a sum in about the same order as a reliable used car, however.

Indeed so, but a dozen such suits and a couple of score shirts should
last you a lifetime.

And, alas, cost you as much as a house.

Worth it if you have the money in hand, but banks don't usually
give mortgages for suits.

Worth it if that kind of thing is worth that much to you.

Does it count as UI if I ask you for the number of the lending
officer at your bank? I've done the bespoke clothing routine
before, but the dotcom boom has, alas, gone the way of my thinner
1990s figure.

____
david parsons \bi/ And my family doesn't think much of the plan of
\/ selling the house in order to have someone sew
me a dozen good suits.

  • Re: OT: Who are losing their houses?
    ... There is also a basic accounting problem. ... The instant that the house is sold, it is marked on the balance sheet, and they instantly take a loss. ... Banks are these houses of cards that exist in thin air, until the money comes back or there is a run on the bank. ... It is simply a huge problem, and comes out of capital reserves, if a bank sells a home for less than the mortgage is worth. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: *** Building a house in Thailand ***
    ... i thought I would add my tu'ppence worth to this thread, ... This will add to the expense but make the house much ... The water supply will probably have low and variable pressure. ... One tip is to get your Thai labour to put any short runs of water ...
    (soc.culture.thai)
  • Re: His Birthday
    ... worth the expense of a good, high quality pressure cooker (the cheap ... Lee is on weight watchers. ... Tiger was one of the cats trapped in the house. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: WTF?! "I Do Think At A Certain Point Youve Made Enough Money"
    ... That's what market value is.... ... the house, so the house's value TO YOU is $1. ... If the house was worth $10, why on Earth would you be willing to sell ... So, if there's a guy standing in line waiting to pay, say $100 for your house, and you sell it to me for $1, the house's value is still $100. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Resentment Grows Over Paying for Others Foreclosure Misery
    ... That's $78 billion more than the assets were worth ... >> banks has become nearly worthless. ... >> the Iraq war will cost as much as $3 trillion. ...
    (soc.retirement)