Re: They obviously don't know what they want.

In article <9rZs8wCmw-B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Kai Henningsen <kaih=9rZs8wCmw-B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
orc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (david parsons) wrote on 04.04.06 in
<e0ug55$gbt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

In article <1143819774.11579.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Richard Gadsden <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Peter H. Coffin wrote:

For these things, one patronizes tailoring establishments, not "Men's
Wearhouse". As with anything else, if you don't buy from the low-margin
box-shifters, and instead seek out people that know what they're doing,
you get product worth the premium price. Properly done, with good
materials, a full suit and two shirts will probably set you back about
a sum in about the same order as a reliable used car, however.

Indeed so, but a dozen such suits and a couple of score shirts should
last you a lifetime.

And, alas, cost you as much as a house.

Worth it if you have the money in hand, but banks don't usually
give mortgages for suits.

Worth it if that kind of thing is worth that much to you.

Does it count as UI if I ask you for the number of the lending
officer at your bank? I've done the bespoke clothing routine
before, but the dotcom boom has, alas, gone the way of my thinner
1990s figure.

____
david parsons \bi/ And my family doesn't think much of the plan of
\/ selling the house in order to have someone sew
me a dozen good suits.
.