Re: You Can't Spell "Stupid..."
- From: flaps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Alan J Rosenthal)
- Date: 5 Jan 2006 19:17:44 GMT
stevo <stevo@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>Howard S Shubs <howard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> stevo <stevo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Customer: No, Fragile means 'made of steel' in Swahili
>>> USPS: In that case I'll mark it unbreakable in English!
>> Damn, I *remember* that one! I might even still have it.
>Any idea what year we're talking about then? Memory wants to say early 80's
Nah, I had that book in the 70s.
A little searching on amazon.ca yields a date of 1972 for a printing of the
"more" book. But that might not be the first printing.
The sequence of books went something like this:
Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions
More Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions
Still More Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions
[something] Comebacks to Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions (approx)
(I can't think what the word was instead of "comebacks", and I can't
find it on the intarweb)
And the above exchange is from the "comebacks" book, I believe. Or maybe
it didn't say "comebacks" (or equivalent) in the title, and it was the
"still more" book or something. I don't seem to have any of them any more.
- Prev by Date: Re: They didn't know when they were well-off.
- Next by Date: Re: You Can't Spell "Stupid..."
- Previous by thread: Re: You Can't Spell "Stupid..."
- Next by thread: Re: You Can't Spell "Stupid..."