Re: I want my Saturday back

In article <dn57gi$3dp$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Brian Kantor wrote:
>>out by all the other noise in the office. A luser cow-orker "speaks"
>>at 82dB SPL - three metres away through two barriers of stuff piled up
>>to attenuate it. There's nothing like him coming up and "talking"
>>right into your ear when he wants something.
>
>Simply obtain one of the older analog-meter sound level measurement
>devices (about $45 at Fry's), and replace the meter with a relay,
>hooked to a fire siren installed in his cube.

Creating a nice feedback loop.

>Should this fail, move it from the compressed air to the anaesthetic
>gas piping and install a door closer on his office so that the gas
>concentration is high enough to mute him since he can't mute himself.

How about He? His voice going squeeky should make him
pause, and if he keeps his voice up it will go squeekier
until he chokes.

--
Stig M. Valstad

"I'm going to kill them all. That ought to distract them." -- Buffy

  • Re: How to mute microphone of a phone device while on the call. ??
    ... > functions there is no method to mute the mic. ... > Matthias Moetje ... >> the other party.. ... >> should be able to get the voice from other side.. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)
  • Re: How to mute microphone of a phone device while on the call. ??
    ... > the cell.tsp does not offer a phone device. ... > functions there is no method to mute the mic. ... >> should be able to get the voice from other side.. ... >>> Jigar, you are welocme. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)
  • Re: LotRO - To Voice Chat or Not to Voice Chat
    ... then have it activated by a mouse key, so I could mute at will without ... LOTRO already allows you to map any key to push-to-talk, or just have voice ... For me it's music - I always have music playing and using a team speak ... the voice chat just find. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Re: Filtering a specific voice - Is this possible?
    ... I would seriously like to design a filter to mute the sound on my tv, ... for all Billy Mays commercials. ... As soon as I hear his voice I am reaching for the ... You should listen to the Billy Mays commercials just long enough to ...
    (sci.electronics.design)