Re: Old machine + new postgrad + 'I want it now'
- From: abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter)
- Date: 16 Nov 2005 20:43:43 GMT
Mike Andrews <mikea@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wonder how cheap I could get a Basic Stamp and a 2716, plus
> support components, for. In qty=1K, probably pretty cheap. What's
> the minimum Basic Stamp code required to watch an Enet interface and
> beep when a condition matches, I wonder. Could I do it cheaper with
> a Pic? mmmm.
Kids today, they just can't be bothered to type the obvious into
If you have access to the wiring closet, just stick a small speaker
across an unused pair behind the faceplate. You're then not so
restricted on space for equipment to feed it.
To merge threads, you could periodically play this at low volume:
.... although it's *still* less annoying than the stuff they play at me
at work all day.
"It is a violation of network regulations to initiate or propagate chain
letters via e-mail. Anyone violating network regulations could be denied
further access to the network. Please pass this important information to all
- Prev by Date: Re: Sprog LART suggestions wanted
- Next by Date: Re: Film review
- Previous by thread: Re: Old machine + new postgrad + 'I want it now'
- Next by thread: Re: Old machine + new postgrad + 'I want it now'