Re: Ah! Sweet recovery!
- From: prwade@xxxxxxx (Patrick R. Wade)
- Date: 10 Oct 2005 18:14:50 -0700
David Cameron Staples <staples@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> In Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:15:35 -0700, Patrick R. Wade (prwade@xxxxxxx
> (Patrick R. Wade)) in hoc locus scripsit:
> > But do you have the companion volume "Where's My Cow?"?
> You've gotta love the 'marketing' department which decides that a book is
> a children's book, and therefore belongs in the children's section. Not,
> as one might suspect, with the book to which it is the intended companion.
> And not even with any indication in that place that it exists. If you
> didn't already know, and ask as to its location, then blissful ignorance
> will remain yours.
A local Barnes & Noble chain store managed to do the right thing and
put it on the end-cap near where "Thud!" was shelved. A stroke of
adequacy, or what?
Our inventions are wont to be pretty toys, which distract our attention
from serious things. They are but improved means to an unimproved end.
-- Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"
- Prev by Date: Re: Oh, that's great... really...
- Next by Date: Re: Solo Unrecovery
- Previous by thread: Re: Ah! Sweet recovery!
- Next by thread: Re: Some people are alive, only because it is illegal to kill them.