Re: Murphy Family Reunion, US Tour 2005
- From: matthewt@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Matt S Trout)
- Date: 16 Aug 2005 23:47:09 GMT
In article <5p34g19gjuopkid4uh0uvt1i2sgm12cupj@xxxxxxx>,
Joe Zeff <the.guy.with.the.sideburns@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On 16 Aug 2005 04:44:36 GMT, stevo <stevo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>My latest? Got reamed for only doing 50 hours worth of work in 40 hours.
>>Apparently I'm expected to do more. Despite having single-handedly
>>replacing two people.
>Well, what else do you expect? If you take the place of two people,
>you need to do 80 hours of work in a 40 hour week. Ask any PHB.
And if they hand over a bunch of undocumented systems that have been maintained
by the same people for several years, said people having just left, and you
manage to just about keep everything running by doing 90hr+ weeks most weeks
so you can refactor and run the damn things at the same time, and then you
end up getting behind because of 3 disk failures in the space of a fortnight
on machines that *should* have had mirrored disks that didn't, you get
forcibly recovered for non-performance.
In hindsight, <UI elided>, but there you go.
- Prev by Date: Re: trousers was Re: Murphy Family Reunion, US Tour 2005
- Next by Date: Re: trousers was Re: Murphy Family Reunion, US Tour 2005
- Previous by thread: Re: Murphy Family Reunion, US Tour 2005
- Next by thread: Re: Murphy Family Reunion, US Tour 2005