Re: I should have known...

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:45:42 +0930, Rob Adams said:
> On 01 Aug 2005 14:00:53 +1200, James Riden <j.riden@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

>>So MS has a product which deals out patches where it thinks they are
>>needed. You can point computers to it using policies. Policies get
>>refreshed every hour or so for each computer and the computers are set
>>to check in with the patch server every hour or so.
>>
>>So the policy has been changed to point to a new, different patch
>>server. How long should it take before the computers start to check in
>>with the new patch server?
>>
>>a. within 1 hour
>>b. certainly not longer than 2 hours, or
>>c. at least two weeks, and possibly until the next restart of that
>> particular computer and/or service on that computer.
>
> d. Never

e. Once the policy is in effect, all the machines recognise which updates
they need but connect to qbjaybnq.jvaqbjfhcqngr.pbz instead.

--Damian

  • Re: Group Policies - not working?
    ... make sure that the 'Domain Computers' security group has read & apply ... I am pretty sure I created the policy in the Active ... >> Apply the policies from Active Directory Users and Computers. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Group Policies
    ... Group policies can be applied domain-wide, ... Organizational units can contain computers, users, or both, but typically ... In your original question you say the policy locks all of the ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Best location for policies
    ... and an OU for User Accounts. ... TSServer OU since I have a separate policy for TS users. ... I have 2 policies: one for Our Computers OU - it has a few ... I am not sure what's the best way to organize policies. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: RSoP Lockout Account
    ... Account Policy, or more specifically any items within Computer ... *domain accounts* can ... account policies per domain, but again, I haven't seen that in writing yet. ... >>> I'm trying to aply a GPO to an OU that contains computers, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • RE: IIS and Active Directory questions.
    ... necessary permissions and security policies. ... Computer From The Network" and "Log On Locally" policies? ... | I have a Windows 2000 server with Active directory. ... | in AD so they can only log on to specific computers. ...