Re: Does Dell supply an actual Windows disk with new laptops?
- From: "BillW50" <BillW50@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 11:08:18 -0600
Bud H wrote:
I have a 5 1/2 year old Dell Latitude D820 laptop computer and it came
with a Windows XP CD.
My two year old Gateway desktop did NOT. A recovery partition only.
Which I REALLY hate since I want a Windows CD to be able to wipe the
entire hard drive clean and install Windows myself.
Now I am in the market for a new Dell laptop (XPS 17 or Inspiron 17).
Does Dell still supply an actual Windows CD as they did five years
I have nine Gateway laptops and they all came with a Recovery DVD.
Although they are between 4 to 5 years old. So maybe things are
And to add to RnR comments, there are companies that sell Recovery discs
for major manufactures. Most of them generally run about 25 bucks for
the OS, drivers, and the applications that came with the machine. One
that I have dealt with is:
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - OE-QuoteFix v1.19.2
Centrino Core Duo T2400 1.83GHz - 2GB - Windows XP SP3
- Prev by Date: Deal on a Dell XPS 17
- Next by Date: Puzzling Dimension 4500S overheating problem
- Previous by thread: Re: Does Dell supply an actual Windows disk with new laptops?
- Next by thread: Re: A sign of the times