Re: Does Dell supply an actual Windows disk with new laptops?

In
Bud H wrote:
I have a 5 1/2 year old Dell Latitude D820 laptop computer and it came
with a Windows XP CD.

My two year old Gateway desktop did NOT. A recovery partition only.
Which I REALLY hate since I want a Windows CD to be able to wipe the
entire hard drive clean and install Windows myself.

Now I am in the market for a new Dell laptop (XPS 17 or Inspiron 17).
Does Dell still supply an actual Windows CD as they did five years
ago?

Bud H

I have nine Gateway laptops and they all came with a Recovery DVD.
Although they are between 4 to 5 years old. So maybe things are
different nowadays.

And to add to RnR comments, there are companies that sell Recovery discs
for major manufactures. Most of them generally run about 25 bucks for
the OS, drivers, and the applications that came with the machine. One
that I have dealt with is:

http://www.RestoreDisks.com

--
Bill

  • Re: Does Dell supply an actual Windows disk with new laptops?
    ... On 1/1/2012 10:10 PM, Bud H wrote: ... A recovery partition only. ... Which I REALLY hate since I want a Windows CD to be able to wipe the ... Now I am in the market for a new Dell laptop. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Can you please help me?
    ... Copy your recovery disks once you get them, that way if they get lost or ... External hard drives and flash drives should work fine, as Windows XP has ... original install media. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Corrupt Windows XP config file
    ... I attempted to install Windows XP in the second partition, ... I then brought up the Recovery Console and used the FIXBOOT command to try ...
  • Re: I am DEAD
    ... You are right about the backups. ... installation you have to type in a number then press to log on ... Which Windows installation would you like to logon to? ... sufficient access privileges with the standard Recovery Console ...
  • Re: Continuous Re-Boot STOP 0x000000C2: BAD POOL CALLER
    ... The Toshiba CD is all I have. ... It is a re-installation recovery CD....i.e. ... "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote: ... You can either stay with the Windows2 setup, or if you have recovered all your files to CD or portable media, you may consider removing the Windows setups, & use the CD to do a fresh setup. ...