Re: HDMI cables

Mediabridge HDMI cables from Amazon.com work great.

Rick

"Bob Villa" <pheeh.zero@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Jun 9, 5:00 pm, MZB <m...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, this is really a follow-up on my TV buying experience.

The "consultant," of course, would like me to buy HDMI cables from Best
Buy. Supposedly they are better quality (he quoted 13.3 something or
other). I know they seem to be twice the price of Sears' cables.

Is there anything I need to know about these cables. I will need two:

One from the Charter HD Cable Box to the TV and the other from a Blue
Ray player to the TV.

Any suggestions on what to look for or what specifications I should
require?

Mel

I bought gold plated v1.3 6ft HDMI at $8 for 3. And free shipping from
Meritline.com Don't let anyone give you any BS!

  • Re: HDMI cables
    ... The "consultant," of course, would like me to buy HDMI cables from Best Buy. ... An HDMI cable is a single-wire digital-only connection that conducts a standard or high definition 2- or 3-D video image and the accompanying audio from a source device to an HDTV. ... required to assure the cable passes 1080p signals, which is the highest bandwidth video signal available now and for the foreseeable future. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: HDMI Differences...
    ... those 'quality' cables you are touting. ... I prefer Acoustic Research cables over Monster. ... I higher quality cable with better materials and engineering will give you a more precise presentation of that picture. ... Also HDMI cables can get into the $300+ range for Monster cables, and there's some brands that get far, far more expensive then that!!! ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: HDMI-DVI picture problem
    ... DVI to HDMI cables, the ones I've seen are HDMI spec'd and in this ... stringent then they are for DVI cables enabling longer runs to be made. ... I connected computer through DVI- HDMI cable and picture on my ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: HDMI cables a "Ripoff"
    ... Likewise for the connectors. ... but comparing HDMI cables against each other is a bit different. ... Beyond the actual quality (ruggedness, flexibility, lay of wires, size ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)