Re: Booting USB devices from Dell DImension 8250?
- From: "WSZsr" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:29:11 -0600
Just hit F12 at post and select the USB drive. No reason to mess with the BIOS.
"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:hn96sa$q1o$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In article <4padnUIzq6zZSgrWnZ2dnUVZ_hSdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Ant <ant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does this old Dell PC model not support bootable USB devices? I tried an
external USB 3.5" floppy disk drive, bootable USB Flash drives, etc.
BIOS' boot doesn't even show the USB device.
Set your BIOS to boot a CD/DVD as the first boot device.
Burn the no-install version of the plop bootmanager to a CD (download ISO
and burn to CD) and boot your PC using this disc. The menu will present
various options including the ability to boot from a USB device.
- Prev by Date: Re: Latitude D420 and External USB DVD drive
- Next by Date: It's Here
- Previous by thread: Re: Booting USB devices from Dell DImension 8250?
- Next by thread: Re: Booting USB devices from Dell DImension 8250?