Re: Problems With XP Fresh Install...Experience Needed!(Solved)

In news:h9bilq$fs9$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Ben Myers typed on Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:21:46 -0400:
Bob Villa wrote:
On Sep 21, 4:21 pm, Bob Villa <pheeh.z...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sep 21, 10:12 am, Bob Villa <pheeh.z...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sep 19, 3:02 pm, Bob Villa <pheeh.z...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here's where I sit...2 different XP disks and 2 different CD
drives with the disks not booting.
A W98SE disk WILL boot from the drive.
If I load the CD drivers from A and go to D:cd i386 and run winnt
it will start the XP install then freeze a few minutes later and
the HDD light stays on.
This is an old Dim L1000R (P3,1Ghz)
What the he11 is going on!
Thanks for any ideas,
bob_v
I would appreciate any thoughts from Ben Myers (no disrespect to
others who have helped)
Thanks to all,
bob_v
Okay, here is what worked...I made a disk bootable using nLite and
the XP disk. It took-off like the proverbial bat!

bob_v

It also loaded every driver needed!

I would expect the XP install CD to have all the drivers needed,
because the L1000R pre-dates the initial release of XP by about a
year.
... Ben Myers

Same thing happened with Windows 2000 and my two Toshiba 2595XDVD
laptops ('99 era). All drivers, video, sound, IR port, etc. were all
included with the retail version of Windows 2000 (it originally came
with Windows 98FE). I never saw this before and I probably will never
see it again.

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 702G8 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC

  • Re: 2 SATA drives and 1 IDE drive Not Recognized
    ... I tried to install the motherboard driver utility from the original CD- ... ROM within Windows. ... LifeGuard to find out if it sees the drives. ... Then just update the drivers if newer versions are available on the web site ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: 2 SATA drives and 1 IDE drive Not Recognized
    ... I tried to install the motherboard driver utility from the original CD- ... ROM within Windows. ... LifeGuard to find out if it sees the drives. ... Then just update the drivers if newer versions are available on the web site ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: 2 SATA drives and 1 IDE drive Not Recognized
    ... I tried to install the motherboard driver utility from the original CD- ... ROM within Windows. ... LifeGuard to find out if it sees the drives. ... Then just update the drivers if newer versions are available on the web site ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Unmountable boot volume error - XP DISC?
    ... XP recovery disk, they are sending that, along with all the software disks ... 500 gig drives are under $100. ... it at all if you were running Windows at the time as it's a system file. ...
  • Is it HighPoint, is it Seagate, or is it Windows 2000 Professional
    ... Then I tried to boot my system: Windows reported ... Barracuda disk running off a HighPoint HPT370A RAID ... never new that my drives were set up this way. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)