Re: dissapearing hard drive

"RnR" <rnrtexas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:v1a015dqn0595ietco4efs1d77u5m9lbrg@xxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 16 May 2009 12:48:31 +0100, "Fixer" <ram.systems@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

"Tom E" <TE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:8oCdnWbLQ-km5JPXnZ2dnUVZ8rCdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxx

"Fixer" <ram.systems@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:OkuPl.139067$A85.14983@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Inspiron 1520 that I've just replaced the motherboard on from a pull,
everything seems ok in the BIOS and the hard drive is seen, but XP cant
find a hard drive to install on it says, swapped the HDD same thing.
Ran
PC check and that sees the hard drive and passes all the tests. Also
ran
Dell diags and that passes all the tests.

Tried different copy of windows and the same - cant find hard drive to
install on, so now i'm totally perplexed and stumped

if they are SATA drives you may need to load the drivers during
installation...

this may assist

http://www.cpusolutions.com/mm8004744CPU/HTML/Guides/Installing%20Windows%20XP%20on%20a%20SATA%20Harddrive.htm

Nope you dont not if your using Dell Win XP service pack 2 disk, thanjks
but
anyway

Just curious... did you ever figure this out and if so, can you tell
us the solution?

Nah still cant figure, only thing I can think of now is a DOA motherboard

.