Re: dissapearing hard drive

"RnR" <rnrtexas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:v1a015dqn0595ietco4efs1d77u5m9lbrg@xxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 16 May 2009 12:48:31 +0100, "Fixer" <ram.systems@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

"Tom E" <TE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:8oCdnWbLQ-km5JPXnZ2dnUVZ8rCdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxx

"Fixer" <ram.systems@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:OkuPl.139067$A85.14983@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Inspiron 1520 that I've just replaced the motherboard on from a pull,
everything seems ok in the BIOS and the hard drive is seen, but XP cant
find a hard drive to install on it says, swapped the HDD same thing.
Ran
PC check and that sees the hard drive and passes all the tests. Also
ran
Dell diags and that passes all the tests.

Tried different copy of windows and the same - cant find hard drive to
install on, so now i'm totally perplexed and stumped

if they are SATA drives you may need to load the drivers during
installation...

this may assist

http://www.cpusolutions.com/mm8004744CPU/HTML/Guides/Installing%20Windows%20XP%20on%20a%20SATA%20Harddrive.htm

Nope you dont not if your using Dell Win XP service pack 2 disk, thanjks
but
anyway

Just curious... did you ever figure this out and if so, can you tell
us the solution?

Nah still cant figure, only thing I can think of now is a DOA motherboard

  • Re: hp dv8135 - kernel panic on livecd bootup
    ... time i get a kernel panic with something to do with the acpi. ... still cant seem to get past the kernel panic to do the install. ... in this bios. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • USB ports are not recognizing anything. controller not installed
    ... quantum bigfoot 10 gig hard drive as the primary hdd until ... back to the service that rebuilt it b4, ... he did not install the driver for the usb controller. ... since xp was installed i cant use anything, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: dissapearing hard drive
    ... find a hard drive to install on it says, swapped the HDD same thing. ... Dell diags and that passes all the tests. ... Tried different copy of windows and the same - cant find hard drive to ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: how to format ?
    ... but I cant make the disks now, and Win2k CD cant be run..... ... To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or setup ... existing partition, If you press D to delete an existing partition, you must ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.file_system)
  • Re: dissapearing hard drive
    ... everything seems ok in the BIOS and the hard drive is seen, ... find a hard drive to install on it says, ... Dell diags and that passes all the tests. ... Tried different copy of windows and the same - cant find hard drive to ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)