Re: XP Professional reports 2.99GB memory with 4GB installed?

Christopher Muto wrote:
to check if it is installed simply enter the bios/setup program at boot and
check the configuration to see what the system recognizes as present.

Thanks, BIOS shows the correct 4096M.

Why XP Pro shows 3gb while XP Home shows 3.5gb for this amount remains
just one of those mysteries.
--
rhhardin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: user32.dll - error and then Blues Screen c0000135 user32.dll
    ... Looks like when I let the XP Pro disk begin start up.. ... Will Last Known Good Configuration work? ... work - i.e. bring me to anything tha tlooked like a restore menu .. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • FW: [SLE] DHCP & Networking - HTH
    ... I use 8.2 Pro, and I'm ... Under Network Card configuration it reads 'Available are other (not ... I connect to the internet using a cable modem and my ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Security privelege(s) missing!
    ... Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, System Restore. ... it disables the Policy that turns System Restore off. ... Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: Prevent users running executables from pen drives
  • Re: Locks for rarely changed data
    ... good amount of CPU cycles ... configuration chnage event will be delivered to each thread and thread ... In this way mutex will ... The writer, ...
    (comp.programming.threads)