Re: IE 6.0--upgrade time
- From: "Hank Arnold (MVP)" <rasilon@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 19:57:34 -0400
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 04:26:37 -0400, "Hank Arnold (MVP)"
MZB wrote:Question for you folks. I've been sticking with IE 6.0 as that has worked very well. I also use Firefox as a backup (yes, I know many prefer Firefox).I've been using IE8 since beta 1. It's solid and very nicely done. I actually prefer it to FF.
I am debating whether to upgrade to IE 8.0. First question: is it ready for prime time?
The reason I am considering upgrading is that lately I've had some problems with IE 6.0. Some web-sites no longer have full functionality (they do under Firefox so I realize it is a browser issue).
I would like to stick with IE, but I'd like some feedback on IE 8.0.
Oh, also, can I upgrade directly from 6.0 to 8.0?
I use XP HOME
Don't worry about it. IE8 can be un-installed easily. I've done it several times going form Beta 1 to RC 1 to GA.
Hank, being a MVP, does this make you bios toward MS products?
<expletive deleted>. That's really insulting. Enough said.......
Windows Server - Directory Services
- Prev by Date: Re: Latitude D820 bad battery
- Next by Date: Re: Delivery update
- Previous by thread: Re: IE 6.0--upgrade time
- Next by thread: Movado Folio Watch, Best Wristwatch