Re: Dell Dimension 2400 memory: max 1GB or 2GB?
- From: Ben Myers <ben_myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 20:44:27 -0400
On Mar 14, 6:29 pm, Ben Myers <ben_my...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Ted wrote:Hi,2GB... Ben Myers
I have a Dell Dimension 2400 (purchased from Dell in July 2004). I
want to upgrade the memory to the maximum but I'm having trouble
finding out what the max is. I'm currently at 512MB (one stick).
- The Dell manual that came with my PC says 1GB is the max.
- Crucial says 2GB is the max.
- The Dell website today says 2GB is the max.
If I can run 2GB, then that's what I will do.
Can someone tell me what the actual max RAM capability is on this
Has anyone successfully run 2GB in a Dimension 2400 from the year 2004
Thanks everyone for your help. I'll go with the 2GB.
Does the manual say 1GB because back in 2004 the best one could do was
2 x 512MB? In other words, 1GB PC2700 SDRAM wasn't available? Just
Often, the manual for a motherboard or a computer states what is available at the time the manual was written. Then something new comes along and the manual (or even on-line documentation) is never updated.
.... Ben Myers
- Prev by Date: Re: Dell Dimension 2400 memory: max 1GB or 2GB?
- Next by Date: Re: Dim 8400 battery warning
- Previous by thread: Re: Dell Dimension 2400 memory: max 1GB or 2GB?
- Next by thread: Re: Dell Dimension 2400 memory: max 1GB or 2GB?