Re: More gasoline on the Vista bonfire

Daddy wrote:
I don't have a good opinion of Vista or Windows Secrets. For example:

"Don't go from XP to Vista unless you go 64-bit"
By Stuart J. Johnston, September 25, 2008

I've been saying this for ages.

"Bugs and lack of apps plague 64-bit users"
By Stuart J. Johnston, October 9, 2008

This one was, IMO, total BS. I don't believe the person involved had any clue about what he was doing or talking about.

Bob

  • Re: More gasoline on the Vista bonfire
    ... I don't have a good opinion of Vista or Windows Secrets. ... By Stuart J. Johnston, September 25, 2008 ... we found that our engineering applications required 65% more time to complete tasks compared to XP on the same hardware. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: More gasoline on the Vista bonfire
    ... By Stuart J. Johnston, September 25, 2008 ... "Bugs and lack of apps plague 64-bit users" ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: completely OT!
    ... On 7/2/2010 7:42 AM, Stuart H. wrote: ... Microsoft, in their own form of brilliance, when XP ... Can I get recommendations on free software for sending and ... our computers whether XP, Vista, or Windows 7. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata)
  • Re: More gasoline on the Vista bonfire
    ... "Don't go from XP to Vista unless you go 64-bit" ... By Stuart J. Johnston, September 25, 2008 ... Ben Myers wrote: ... complete tasks compared to XP on the same hardware. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: More gasoline on the Vista bonfire
    ... By Stuart J. Johnston, September 25, 2008 ... A reader named Gerry, who asked us not to use his last name or company name, describes the process his firm used to determine whether to stick with Windows XP or upgrade to Vista: ... we found that our engineering applications required 65% more time to complete tasks compared to XP on the same hardware. ... For our 200 engineers at a $50/hour burden rate, that equates to a loss of $20,000,000 per year. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)