Re: Tight Screws

So, plan B is a screw extractor.

Any hints on the best type to try?

A 3/32 drill bit fits in the removed-screw holes,
if that indicates the size involved.

Very very short screws. I don't know that you
could drill into them without drilling right
through them.
--
rhhardin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Screw Extractor for tiny laptop screws?
    ... in my best philips screwing technique). ... I take it the next step is a screw extractor, ... I think your best shot at this is with a drill. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Painting onto nitrocellulose
    ... depression to get coverage on the underlying white of the dot. ... Screw extractor? ... Heated tack? ... Drill them out. ...
    (rec.music.makers.builders)
  • Re: stripped set screw
    ... clearance between it and a wall. ... So I'm not sure I will be able to use a screw extractor. ... the screw extractors work well and you can get a right angle chuck ... for your drill from Harbor freight. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: LOTR Post snapped. Need advice on a fix.
    ... Drill it thru the bottom of the playfield and replace with a T-Nut/Post ... It's already a through hole for this post. ... No screw extractor needed. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Need 4-48 screw
    ... If it fits I will need one or 2 screws at ... I bought a box of 100 set screws in this size. ... rods for my drop test indicator without having to cut the 4-48 ... Also get drill blanks that just fit in the hollow in the handle. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)