Re: Ubuntu 7.10 offered on Dell PCs

Timothy Daniels wrote:
"Ben Myers" wrote:
FWIW, nVidia's web site has Linux Display Driver -
x86 Version: 169.09, dated January 21. nVidia tends
to do omnibus drivers (unlike ATI), for which one
size fits all chips.

Thanks. I'll probably use that one.

...the Linux crowd still thinks that real men execute command lines
to do real work

That happens to be exactly why I want to load Linux - to do
some Shell scripting. I don't even *want* the GUI.

Some of the cutsie Linux program names are annoying, just like
they were back when Unix was a Bell Labs research invention.

I think a lot of that can be blamed on the Berkeley grad students
who did a lot of the Berkeley UNIX development work.

I would guess that the Bell Labs (hey, anyone remember them?) work preceded the Berkeley grad students. but wouldn't bet money on it.

  • Re: Ubuntu 7.10 offered on Dell PCs
    ... size fits all chips. ... I think a lot of that can be blamed on the Berkeley grad students ... who did a lot of the Berkeley UNIX development work. ... I would guess that the Bell Labs ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Ubuntu 7.10 offered on Dell PCs
    ... size fits all chips. ... I think a lot of that can be blamed on the Berkeley grad students ... who did a lot of the Berkeley UNIX development work. ... I would guess that the Bell Labs ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Ubuntu 7.10 offered on Dell PCs
    ... size fits all chips. ... I think a lot of that can be blamed on the Berkeley grad students ... who did a lot of the Berkeley UNIX development work. ... I would guess that the Bell Labs ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Ubuntu 7.10 offered on Dell PCs
    ... nVidia tends ... I think a lot of that can be blamed on the Berkeley grad students ... who did a lot of the Berkeley UNIX development work. ... I would guess that the Bell Labs ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)