Sonic and Dell
- From: Boris <boris-badenough@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:15:31 -0700
I seem to remember this problem being discussed here a while ago, but
I can't find it...
A friend has a relatively new Optiplex 390 at work. It has one Sony
DVD burner. She needed to make a copy of a (non-commercial) DVD, so
she launched the Sonic Record Now that came pre-installed and copied
the source DVD to the hard drive. Sonic then told her to insert a
bland DVD into the burner and press OK. She did, but Sonic apparently
can't recognize that there is a blank DVD inserted, because it kept
asking her again and again to insert a blank DVD. I told her I
believed it was a problem with Dell installed versions of Sonic.
I asked her to bring the source DVD to me, and I'd try with my version
of Sonic on my (2/2007) i6400, which also came with Sonic pre-
installed, but that I remembered reading about this problem, and I
couldn't guarantee Sonic would make a copy of her DVD.
Sure enough, I have the same problem with Sonic on my i6400.
I finally just used Nero, which worked fine.
I have two questions:
1) What' up with Sonic? I've googled, and looked at the Dell forum,
but can't find anything that exactly fits this circumstance.
2) Anyone ever use DeepBurner?
- Prev by Date: Re: Dell's Employee Purchase Plan
- Next by Date: Re: Add one more terrific Dell tech support event
- Previous by thread: Floonier = Nemo's Mother...???
- Next by thread: Re: Sonic and Dell