I goofed - Help

I just purchased an Inspiron E1505. Got a great deal on the laptop with a
recent coupon (got the t7200 processor). Anyway, I got Vista on the laptop.
Actually, I don't think I had a choice by purchasing thru Dell Home. I'm
already having some issues with certain software. For example, some NAS
software refuses to work. I still use VB 6 at times which does not work on
Vista.

Does anyone else who may have had simular experiences delt with Dell on
this? Will they sell me a XP OS at a decent price?

Thanks

  • Re: 32 bit and 4 GB
    ... purchasing a PC. ... I recently spec'd and bought a Dell 64 bit Inspiron online. ... I elected to get Vista Business on it. ... My laptop came with a 32 bit version of Vista Home Premium. ...
  • Re: Which version of XP do I buy?
    ... I did not like Vista so I asked if the unit I was ... purchasing came with a downgrade kit for XP and it did so I had the best of ... A laptop with XP, ready for Vista if I get forced into it. ... I believe that the boxed upgrade version is intended for my purpose. ...
  • Re: XP or Vista
    ... | I am thinking of purchasing a Dell laptop, ... | wait until Vista comes out. ... If you can wait a few months, hold off on purchasing a new laptop. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Compatability - Off 2002 prof on Vista
    ... I'm purchasing a new laptop and I'd like to know if I can use my current ... copy of Office2002 Prof. with Vista? ... Timtropolis's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=22913 ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Quest VMCL. OK
    ... "Designed for Vista Premium" logo, and also described as "Media Center ... "Media Center Laptops" might all come with built in Hybrid Analogue/Digital ... for a laptop with Media Center functionality. ... No I did not upgrade my sisters laptop with those hardware drivers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)