Re: Browser Hijack - Help

What youve got is the trojan called Vundo
To remove follow these instructions:-
download VundoFix.exe to your C:\.

Quite a comprehensive cut and paste response, but unfortunately you
omitted a couple of things...

a) the download link
b) some of the filenames vary, which makes specifying which entries in
HijackThis to remove possibly (probably?) useless

  • Re: Browser Hijack - Help
    ... download VundoFix.exe to your C:\. ... Quite a comprehensive cut and paste response, ... HijackThis to remove possibly useless ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: OT: MFT?
    ... has a download link: ... which in Firefox at least gives you the ISO image you need. ... Excuse me, but that link gave me the useless ad-purveying EXE, and NOT any ISO... ... I had mis-understood the flavor of what was being said: i had thought that the purported software would MAKE "images" of a hard drive in ISO format. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Zero Configuration Wireless UI on WBT shell
    ... That tutorial is absolutely completely useless. ... It tells you to create a kernel, download that to the device, and than find out you have a problem. ... Please pardon me, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Family post card virus -- a hoax?
    ... On this special day, Paul Brady wrote: ... your sector zero will be destroyed and ... your computer will be useless. ... The click on the next link will run it, and the exe will download and install trojans on your computer and turn it into a "zombie" ie something that waits for commands from outside and fulfil whatever the machine is asked for. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Suggestion for WIndows7
    ... Why are useless "applications", business people could give two flying craps about, like MOVIE MAKER - I spent half hour to delete because it required me to gain Ownership and assign Full Control to that folder before the pest could be deleted, why are they included. ... If so, can Microsoft please to ALSO not include goddamn MovieMaker, PhotoGallery, etc. and leave it for download for people who care about crapware? ... What is more important - an Email Client or yet another image/video player or another shiny useless object ...