Re: Help me choose

Other people have said they don't know which wireless to choose. I do. Spend
a few bucks more and get the Intel 3945. Intel's 802.11a/b/g wifi cards for
notebooks provide excellent range and reception, and the Intel software for them
is really really well designed and implemented.

After once choosing a high quality supplier (Proxim) for its PCMCIA notebook
wifi cards, Dell has gravitated downward to selling cheap stuff under its own
brand name. Not a smart move, Michael.

If you should ever want to join the rampaging herd who are experiencing the WOW
of Vista, as well as the WOW of any future Windows releases or the GEE WHIZ of
Linux, you want the Intel cards. Intel has a good history of carrying forward
driver support for its hardware to new operating system releases.

I'm not an Intel shill. I just know quality when I see it, as I do every day.
Well, that includes poor quality, too... Ben Myers