Replacing XPS R350, need advice
- From: Myself <pcupgrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 20:43:38 GMT
I've learned that a new PC I have will not run Win95 nor will any PC
running over 2.1Ghz. I have some older programs that I use and want the
Win95 OS. The newer (than mine) PC's have names like 4100, XPS T800r,
8100, XPS B1000, 2300, 8300, 4300, what is the pecking order here?
I had been looking at the likes of: 4100 933 Mhz, Dimension XPS T600,
4100 Pentium III 1Ghz since they look like the model I have and I assume
I can easily change internal parts like the ATI video/TV board I now
have along with CD, DVD drives, memory. Whereas the 4300s p4 I've seen
doesn't have room up front for more than one CD drive.
Just need a P3 but if I can use a P4 running under 2.1ghz that is fine
by me and once partitioned I can run XP also. The ability to add drives,
swap parts and run Win95 is the primary concern.
- Prev by Date: Re: Dell Inspirion 4000 PCMCIA slot not working
- Next by Date: Re: Replacing XPS R350, need advice
- Previous by thread: Dimension 3000, built in video
- Next by thread: Re: Replacing XPS R350, need advice