Re: Dimension 3000, built in video

you don't explicitly turn off the integrated video card. you just plug in a
pci video card and attach the monitor to it and it will automatically be
detected. the procedure of entering the bios to select the primary video
card help you see the post (power on self test) screen (usually just the
dell logo splash screen) prior to windows starting. once in windows you
then can select to activate the secondary adapter if you want a dual monitor
system.