Zone Alarm slowed download speed

Hi All,
A while back I had questions as to why my Dell 8400 couldn't download faster then 2.7 Mb. I tried a whole lot of thinks to fix this. I found the solution. Uninstall Zone Alarm. Now booting the computer in safe mode didn't help, shutting down Zone Alarm didn't help. Uninstalling it and I now have 5.3 Mb download speed. Go figure, perhaps it needed time to determine if the download was okay.
Paul

  • Re: Computer problem, need help
    ... I want to scan on the scanner. ... I thought I had a Zone Alarm update that I'd downloaded but hadn't ... the Windows Firewall and everything seems to be working fine now. ... his advice and let Windows download all those updates it had been ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: AV Choice??
    ... The sizes of the download files alone are: ... AVG approx 7.1 MB ... Zone Alarm approx 5.7 MB ... > understand the necessity of antiviral, firewall, and windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: AV Choice??
    ... The sizes of the download files alone are: ... AVG approx 7.1 MB ... Zone Alarm approx 5.7 MB ... > understand the necessity of antiviral, firewall, and windows ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Computer problem, need help
    ... that said the computer was unable to load "My Vault". ... Zone Alarm page did not immediately turn up an answer, ... I would post haste go to the Zone Alarm web site and download ... Keep in mind that external hard drives will eventually fail too, ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: firewall
    ... Just as an addition to my last post, Sarah when you click on the link I provided you will go to the zone alarm download page. ... Click the download button and a new window will appear. ... No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy, reliability or content of this mail/post. ...