Re: adding a cd writer

the drives that i had recommended to you were all explicitly stated to come
with win98se compatible software. you should not have problems running
software on your win98se machine that says it is compatible for win95,
however it indicates rather old software and reliability and timmig issues
have been greatly improved with the newer nero/roxio/sonic cd writing
software. i would hesitate using the software (unknown) that you mention if
it is made by roxio as their old stuff was just awful.

"Tanya" <tjtmdREMOVE_THIS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:
>
>> "Tanya" <tjtmdREMOVE_THIS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> > hi,
>> > dell dimension xps t600; windows 98se... (original h/w -- purchased in
>> > 1999) (pIII)
>> > i want to replace the original cd/dvd-rom drive with a cd-rom writer.
>> > should this be a fairly straightforward process? or has anyone
>> > experienced problems with this kind of an upgrade?
>> > thank you very much in advance!
>> >
>> Replacing the drive is not a complicated process; doubly you'll have
>> much
>> success finding software that will work with Win98.
>>
>> Bobby
>
> thank you for the reply...
> the drive i got states that it is compatible even with win95....
> i assume that since it includes its own s/w, win 98se could run it...(i
> hope:)
>
> sincerely
> Tanya

  • Re: XP wont run or shut down correctly in standard mode but will in Safe Mode
    ... I am having problems running XP in standard mode. ... couple of logical drives to copy data from a bad drive that was ... I have used Norton to scan for viruses and found none. ...
  • Re: Two optical drives sharing same ide controller
    ... problems running two optical drives on the same ide controller especially if i was copying from one drive to the other. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: ghost
    ... Sounds like a complicated process. ... Not on different size drives. ... of ghost, but an image copy is not what you want. ... I've used rsync in the past for moving installs to other drives, ...
    (Ubuntu)